Things I find difficult to do gracefully:
- Spitting out chewed gum into a wrapper. Mastication usually results in a swallow, so it’s not easy to voluntarily spit back out what you’ve been chewing on for the past 30 minutes and not look slightly hickish.
- Scratching an itch on your…chest area. Seriously, you either ride this one out or try and fail to be covert about what your hand is doing so high up without it going for an itch on the face.
- Stepping out of a lowered car. When you have to literally heave yourself with a grunt of “1, 2, hrrunng”, a classy lady one cannot be.
- Having hair longer than shoulder-length and walking through heavy winds. I now just let the wind have its way with me, and I walk to class looking like Gossamer.
- Running to make it through a cross-walk, straddled with 3 heavy bags and wearing a dress and heels. I played basketball for 7 years, but even that didn’t physically train me to not look like a troll hobbling her way across the street.