- I’m on week 13/16 of clinic. As much as I’ve resisted the whole notion of working with the adult population, the people at my rehab center were always sweet and friendly, and some even expressed sadness when sessions were over because they said they wanted more. Best.feeling. Plus I’ll miss being called “pretty lady” and “darlin'” by the seniors, as well as getting compliments on certain outfits that they forgot I wore recently, reacting like they’re seeing it for the first time, every time. (you know, memory deficits and such). Yeah, I kinda suck for finding that a good thing. Whatever.
- Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds.
- Pecan Praline yogurt.
- I take 3 mile walks in the hills around my home every day – I grab a book, plug up my ears with some music, wrap myself in California-style thin scarves and gloves, and stroll/strut/groove through the neighborhood.
- I always march out during sunset mainly because in the summer there’s always someone barbecuing, and in the winter fireplaces are in use. Maybe my two most favorite smells (Do people rank smells? Eh.)
- And lately I’ve been experiencing a few “Good lord, my music is amazing” moments during these walks. Not in that smarmy superior jackass sort of way that most definitely would have been true if this was me 4 years ago, but in that “I’m grateful that there are so many talented musicians in this world and that I have access to their music. And now I’m going to shimmy down this street because it’s a hot song, aaand stopping now because a dude is watering his lawn and giving me a stink-eye, and his dog is now following me, and, great, I love when the neighbors let their dogs roam free on the roads because I have fun wet dirt paw prints on my gray sweater after being jumped on, and… oooh, this Marsen Jules song is blowing me away, and I knocked out 60 pages of my book while huffing+puffing up these hills. Good times.”
- All of these low-denomination diets that have popped up lately. The baby food diet, Hollywood Cookie diet, The Kremlin diet (okay..). These people aren’t even trying with their scams anymore.
- Country artists who put out greatest hits when they’ve only been on the scene for 5 years. Come on.
- THIS VOICE. I heard this guy call Rush last week and I nearly had a seizure. If I had to be married (or even have to sit against my will for more than 2:07 minutes listening) to a guy who spoke like this, I swear I’d break down and weep, and then go on a murder spree. I SWEAR IT. Spirit-crushing and skull-numbing.